By Marijn Haverbeke
- The essential elements of programming, including syntax, control, and data
- How to organize and clarify your code with object-oriented and functional programming techniques
- How to script the browser and make basic web applications
- How to use the DOM effectively to interact with browsers
- How to harness Node.js to build servers and utilities
Isn’t it time you became fluent in the language of the Web?
- Teaches you concept that you can extend to other programming languages
- Book is written such that it feels like the author is talking to you
- Not for beginners
- Examples may require several run-thru to understand
- Learning curve is steep after chapter 3
Top Tech Book Review
After chapter 3, the book picks up quite a bit. This can be a steep learning curve for some, especially if you are a beginner.
Overall, I recommend this book to intermediate developers and above.